You need to present proof of being unmarried. A documented & legalised proof has a concrete value that nobody denies accepting.
So! What’s this proof?
This post is focused on the documented proof that clearly states the “single status”. In different countries, this document is known by a unique name. Even, you may call it by any of these names. All of these papers represent the same. You would know more about a single status certificate upon reading this article.
- Bachelorhood Certificate
- Single Status Affidavit
- Certificate of No Record
- Certificate of No Impediment
- Certificate of Nulla Osta
- Single Statutory Declaration
- Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage
It’s clear that you need this document to prove your singleness. Being single does not refer to bachelorhood. It can be a married person who is now divorced, separated, or widowed. These are three different marital conditions, which eventually point to the fact that the person is not married.
This point becomes clearer through the documents that are actually required for verification. You need to enclose them with the application.
Documented Proofs to Enclose with Application
Let’s get through the checklist of authentic proofs to enclose with your application for an unmarried certificate.
- An Apostilled or Attested affidavit
- Address Proof, like Nationality Card or Driving Licence
- Passport or Visa
- Birth Proof like Birth Certificate, NABC, or School Certificate
- Parents’ Legalised Affidavit
- Decree Absolute for Legally Divorced Cases
- Death certificate for Widowed Applicants
Having these proofs will make the application process easier. So, ensure that you have all of these papers. In a few cases, there is a possibility that you don’t have your parents’ affidavit. This could be a matter of discussion. You may have an affidavit from any person in your family who knows about your birth and single status.
The most important thing is enclosing your own unmarried affidavit. The attestation authority may be lenient by understanding your condition.
How Can You Get an Unmarried Certificate?
You have two choices, actually. And, it completely depends on your location. If you are abroad, you may apply through your country’s embassy. Otherwise, visiting by self to the local civil authority initializes this process.
- Embassy Can Help in Getting Bachelorhood Proof
Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Go to your country’s embassy website.
- Step 2: Login the website using the registered ID and credentials.
- Step 3: Fill up the single status or unmarried certificate form to apply online.
- Step 4: Upload documents, like National Identity Card, Driving Licence, & Birth Proof for verification.
- Step 5: Send the documents together with the application.
- Step 6: Schedule an appointment with the embassy officer.
- Step 7: Visit the embassy with all documents for attestation.
- Step 8: Show up the documented proofs, as aforesaid.
- Step 9: Pay out the fee for courier and SMS services.
- Step 10: Have the receipt with a number to check the status of your application later on.
The background verification will be carried out back at your native place about your presence, birth, and marital status. Once done, the legalized certificate will be delivered by mail or email.
- Get it Physically On Your Own
- Step 1: Visit an A-Gazette officer in your local area.
- Step 2: Apply for CENOMAR with authentic proofs.
- Step 3: Get it attested by the officer as an “unmarried affidavit”.
- Step 4: Visit the City Clerk or State authority to counter-attest it.
- Step 5: Finally, the immigration authority legalizes it via an outsourcing agent.
- Step 6: Pay the fee for the services.
When Can You Get It?
You may not receive the legalized certificate instantly. It may take over 2 weeks to get it. The delivery can be made over your email ID or the courier service will drop it off to you.
You may check its status over the website by using the reference number on the receipt.
There is also a third way. You may hire a third party for outsourcing documentation procurement. Being aware, they can help you to get through the entire processing without any glitches. However, it would be an extra burden on your pocket.
But you would get it with peace of mind. The procedure would be absolutely hassle-free and smooth. They know what documents you need in case of lacking any proof. In short, they make your life easier by using their experience.
This is how you may easily prove that you are unmarried because you have the proof called Unmarried Certificate.
Later, submit it to the foreign embassy for marriage abroad.
The unmarried certificate is a legalized document that proves you are single. It is necessary to show up for registering your marriage abroad. Emigrants have to present it a month before their marriage. It can be drawn from the embassy of the native country or by visiting the A-gazette office and city clerk for attestation.